‘Enhancing the promotion, protection and respect of the rights of journalists and media freedoms through research, advocacy, legal support, capacity building, and emergency support’
HRNJ-Uganda objectives include;
- To promote and protect human rights as provided for in the regional and international instruments that Uganda is party to and as provided in the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda through the media.
- To mobilize, unite and represent human rights journalists on matters of common interest.
- To work together as human rights journalists seeking to achieve goals of empowering the public in creating a platform to demand for a non violent, corruption free and human rights observing society.
- To work together with judicial organs, civil society organizations, regional and international organs to bring peace and harmony.
- To build the professional capacity of human rights journalists through training, research, reporting and technical skills acquisition.
Since 2005, Human Rights Network for Journalists-Uganda has achieved tremendous success in advocating for the rights of journalists in Uganda. The organisation has empowered journalists and media practitioners and many their skills have been enhanced to effectively do their work in a safe manner.
HRNJ-Uganda has been recognised by different actors and organisation for being at the fore front of defending media freedoms in Uganda. It has received various awards together